Hi Sweet families!
1. Etiquette class is concluding tomorrow with a “tea” to put into practice all that the children have learned! Miss Carla says that formal dress is optional however we will be taking lots of pictures tomorrow for yearbook so if your child would like to dress up, that would be great!
2. Book Club-tomorrow at 3:00! Don’t forget your creations! This is our make-up meeting for The Boxcar Children
Also, I will have the October books available, for those of you who ordered them.
3. Our first service project of the year! Goody Bags for Vanderbilt’s reverse trick or treat! We are hoping to collect 200 from our group and that is very doable…if we have 20 families provide 10 each!!! Please let me know if you would like to provide some and how many! I have heard from very few of you so far. These goody bags are due next Monday, October 18th! Below is a link to their wishlist/suggested donations. (coloring books, crayons, word search puzzles, playing cards, bubbles)
4. God’s World News– current events news magazine for children- (prek-1, 2nd-3rd, 4th-5th, 6th-9th) right now we have 4 people interested…if we get 3 more , then the price will be 14.95 per subscription… right now for 4 it is 19.95 which is still a discounted rate. Friday, October 15th is the deadline to order this magazine!
For details, go to: https: https://www.gwnews.com/group.cfm
5. Jackson’s Orchard– this Friday October 15th at 10:30 AM! $5 per child, parent admission free!
Fee includes hay ride, corn maze, mini pumpkin, 10 minute video on cider making, playground, apple slushy, sugar cookie and the children get to pick one apple off the trees!
Apples will be available for sale in shop as well as pumpkins
bring a picnic lunch to enjoy after tour!
This will take approx 1 hr 15 min from Hendersonville
1280 Slim Island Road Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101 Phone: 270-781-5303
Need final headcount and all money paid by Monday, October 11th!
6. Choir starts next Monday, October 18th at 2pm for ages prek and up! $12 per month
7. Fun Friday, October 22nd at 2PM!– Originally, we had roller skating on the calendar that day, but since we missed Dragon Park in September due to rain, let’s take advantage of the beautiful weather and head to Dragon Park while we can.
8. School pictures!!!— School pictures will be next Monday, October 18th!!! Please see Gwen Adams for an appt or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org…This will be used in our yearbook so don’t miss out! More details tomorrow!
9. T-shirts will go on sale next week! They are going to be soooo cute!!!! More details to come but will be approx $15…please see Robbin Dill for more details!
10. Yearbooks will go on sale next week as well! More details to come!
11. Seussical the Musical by NCT-tickets are $7! Only a few seat left! All money is due by next Monday, October 25th!!!
12. Huntsville Space and Rocket Center– If you are planning to attend this trip, please let me know ASAP! We are at 8 right now, and if we do not have at least 20, I will need to cancel. $25 per person for a guided tour, IMAX movie, 1 hour class taught by a scientist, lunch, and free time to explore the museum on our own as well.
13. I will be sending out a sign-up sheet soon for our Halloween party goodies…be on the lookout!
I think that is it for now!